In summary this organization began as an effort to reduce poaching and other natural resource abuses. The CORT program is designed to:
Create a statewide network of trained citizens dedicated to reducing poaching and other natural resource abuses through this non-confrontational expert witness program.
- Increase the quality of citizen reporting to WDFW Officers.
- Connect concerned citizens with WDFW Enforcement Officers.
- Increase citizen awareness about fish and wildlife abuses..
- Reduce the dumping of garbage on public and private property.
- Reduce vandalizing of private and public property.
- Increase public access to private timber, farm and ranch lands.
- Certify thousands of Washington's citizens creating a deterrent to fish and wildlife abuses.
- Collaborate with other organizations for mutual benefit.
Conservationists throughout the state will no longer tolerate the illegal activities that are reducing our opportunity to enjoy the beauty and excitement of the outdoors.